Why I Became a Realtor

       Why did I decide to become a real estate agent? Hmmmm good question! Honestly, I am in my late 20's , with a bachelor's degree and have been working in Corporate America for the last 4 years, and it's just not for me.  I'm not happy going to work doing the same thing over and over again. My job is very repetitive and stressful and I do not see myself working in an office setting for the rest of my life. I also do not like playing the game of office politics to get promoted when I'm overly qualified for the position. So I finally decided to take control of my career and venture into entrepreneurship. I always wanted to start my own business but did not know the proper steps. I took action and started attending Grace Hill Women's Business Center. It was a 16-week program that helps you to develop basic structure for your business plan and providing analytical tools that develop and sustain financial decision-  making. If you're interested in learning more about Grace Hill and their curriculum  you can visit their web page at  gracehillwbc.org.

       The courses were very helpful and gave me great insight on how I can become an entrepreneur. But, in the back of my head I had doubts. Becoming an entrepreneur is very risky! So many questions started to arise, such as : how will I pay my bills,  how would I survive, what would my family and friends say, how am I going to do this on my own, where will I get my start up money from and so much more. But I had to put faith in myself and create career goals and remember that FEAR is the only thing that is stopping me from my dreams. So I contemplated on how to get my feet wet in entrepreneurship and started doing research and came across real estate agent numerous of times. Being a real estate agent is actually being your own boss and not actually owning your own business. I decided if I can become successful in real estate, I will have all the tools I need to become a business owner. I knew this process would not be easy and I would have to sacrifice a lot and I mean a lot. I also knew I needed a source of income so I still had to work my corporate job and fulfill my career goals in real estate at the same time.

       I started attending night  classes for real estate at Coldwell Banker Gundaker School of Real Estate. I was determined to achieve my career goals, so I studied every day for at least 2 months to pass my real estate test to receive my license in Missouri. I signed with a Broker less then a month and then  reality hit! The real estate company I work for is very small , it's just me and my  broker. I honestly like the smaller company because my broker has taught me so many things and I'm learning how to market myself and  get clients daily. It becomes stressful at times  because I'm  still working full time at my corporate job and also trying to sell houses. But I have to be patient and continue working on my entrepreneurship goals. I am currently saving money to cover my bills for at least 6 months so I can quit my corporate job. I am  really enjoying working in real estate because it is fulfilling, I am happy and it is giving me the proper tools to start my own business. This is my first blog, I hope everyone enjoyed my first post. I plan to blog weekly about entrepreneurship , real estate and much more!

Comments

Popular Posts