When It's Time to Say Goodbye (Resigning)


Image result for dreams



      It was a hectic day at work and I told my co-worker by the summer time I was quitting my job. Welp, summer had passed and a year later I was still at my job. I dreaded going into work everyday. I wasn't fulfilling my purpose , I was becoming depressed, overweight and losing my peace of mind. I knew it was time for me to put things into perspective when one day I was actually crying on my way to work. It wasn't intentional at all, I got off at my exit and I just felt tears falling down my face. I told myself  right then and there, that it was time to make a change. I believe that there are signs when it is time to leave your job, such as : lack of passion, work performance is suffering, skills are not being tapped, dread going  and being consistently stressed, negative and unhappy at work.

Image result for entrepreneur

      In a previous post, I stated, I was going to save money for at least 6 months of bills and basic expenses to become a full time entrepreneur. Unfortunately , my time frame  had changed when I came to the realization  that I have realistic dreams and I will be able to achieve them by staying focus, working toward them daily and still being  able to maintain my bills. The only thing that was stopping me was fear and other's opinion of me not having a typical 9 to 5 job. My fear was not of me failing as being an entrepreneur but it was a fear of losing security of a steady paycheck. I also, thought about other people thoughts about me quitting my job and I became fully aware that it's their opinion and it has nothing to do with me. I will not put my goals and aspirations on hold because someone else doesn't agree on how I should live my life and their opinion definitely doesn't matter when they are not contributing to my bills.

 Image result for i quit letters

     So,  I  gained courage and put my faith in God and finally decided to quit my job. I quit my job because I came up with a career game plan and decided it would  be the best decision for my career path. I would like to mention if you plan on leaving a job for any reason, be courteous and provide your job with a two week notice. I suggest making a resignation letter nice and short.  A few things that you can input in your letter : give proper date of last day,  state your reason  for  leaving ,state you are willing to help through the transition and thank your employer for the experience. I'm glad I took the leap of faith because the day after I resigned , I had an accepted contract on the first home I listed on the market.
Image result for goals notepad

      I encourage everyone to write down their goals  and work toward them everyday. Always, remember being persistent and staying consistent will allow you to achieve any goal you set for yourself. I do not regret my decision and  I recommend my readers to decide what is best for their career paths, stay focus, dedicate time to your profession and everything will slowly will fall into place.

Comments

Popular Posts