Entrepreneurship 101 : How To Stay Motivated


Entrepreneurship 101:

How To Stay Motivated

Whoever said being an entrepreneur was easy, they most definitely lied. I will admit, some days are better than others. When I achieve a goal I feel as if I'm on top of the world and that my work is finally paying off. I feel accomplished, unstoppable, joyful and undefeated. But when things are totally falling apart, I find myself throwing me a pity party on my couch. Thinking to myself, who the hell do I think I am, to even attempt to be my own boss. When I have those bad days I sometimes feel doubtful, ashamed, stupid and at times not even worthy.

I never knew how many mood swings I would have when I started my journey as an entrepreneur. My journey is showing me that my mood changes daily, hourly, hell sometimes within minutes. When things continue to not go the way you planned, it gets hard trying to bounce back from failed attempts at achieving your goals. But if you want to succeed you have to get back on track to positive thinking. It's okay that things are not going as planned but it's proof that you're trying. Entrepreneurs have to remember that there is no such thing as failure, only a learning experience for you to work toward your goals again, only this time more wisely. So I decided to share a few ways to help entrepreneurs to stay motivated while striving toward their goals.

Write down your plans and realistic goals

Write out your business plans in detail, that will highlight each goal. The purpose of writing everything down will give you a clear understanding of what you want to accomplish and how you will achieve it.  Also, set several micro-goals that will give you satisfaction, those milestones will track your progress toward your major goals. Achieving your micro-goals will contribute to your self-motivation because those small victories will help power you through the difficult times.

Start a routine

Getting yourself motivated is about getting started. Start every day with a morning routine. Have a routine that will effectively help begin your day with energy and enthusiasm.Your morning routine helps your mind and body to be alert and focus. Some people workout or read. For example, I dedicate an hour in the morning to praying, practicing yoga, meditating and reading. My routine helps me to push through the day. 

Surround yourself with like-minded entrepreneurs

Surround yourself with people that share the same desire to succeed as much as you do. Being an entrepreneur is not for everyone. Many will not understand what you are doing and will try to discourage you. My advice is to keep your distance away from people that project negativity. You become who you surround yourself with, so choose wisely. 

Reward yourself

Human beings naturally react to incentives. Set rewards for yourself and collect on them when you complete a small victory. Treat yourself to a nice dinner or a night of entertainment when you hit a specific goal. Use visual ways to track your progress to each reward. The visual will instill additional motivation.

Exercise

When you are feeling overwhelmed and frustrated take a break from your workday and exercise. It will clear your head and relieve minor aches and pains. Exercising is great for entrepreneurs because it gets your creative juices flowing, reduces stress, improves your energy and also gives you a boost of confidence.

Surround yourself with inspiration

To be honest, sometimes reading motivational quotes can help give you the little boost needed to push through a difficult task or situation. I receive daily inspirational quotes and they are really helpful. If quotes won't do the trick for you try affirmations, meditating, watch a TED talk or even listen to an inspirational podcast. 


Take care of yourself.

It's that simple! Take a break. Set regular times during the week to unplug. Take time out to hang with family and friends, take a walk, go to the spa, read or watch TV. Take a vacation, if possible. No exceptions, make time for yourself.

Sleep

Rest! Get at least six to eight hours of sleep every night. Never underestimate the value of a good night of sleep. With a fresh night of rest, you are fully recharged for the following day and your tasks and goals will be much easier to complete.

Remain Positive

Let's be real, entrepreneurs are all programmed differently. What motivates me, might not work for someone else. Regardless, it's important to remain positive when working toward your goals. No matter what obstacles are thrown in front of you, keep your head up high and continue to fight for your dreams. Yes, there will be situations that seem impossible to navigate around and some days you will want to quit but you have to remain positive. Keep the faith and remember that your day will soon come and your hard work will pay off. Keep in mind "if you are persistent you will get it and if you are consistent you will keep it."

Comments

Popular Posts